“Live To Be Free” from new album ‘Flying Upside Down’
GRIFFIN HOUSE, Flying Upside Down (Nettwerk)
Official Site | MySpace | Stream
Out of Ohio comes Nashville-based singer-songwriter Griffin House with his latest record titled ‘Flying Upside Down’ available on Nettwerk Records. House draws well-warranted comparisons to Ryan Adams (in a good way) as well as a detectable influence of Johnny Cash. Check out album track “Let Me In” which contains this classic lyric “sometimes you feel a little closer to heaven when you raise a little hell”. File under: Rock / Folk
- STEVE WINWOOD, Nine Lives (Sony)
Official Site | MySpace | Stream | MP3*
Eric Clapton lends a hand on the record’s first single “Dirty City”.
- BOMBADIL, A Buzz, A Buzz (Ramseur)
Official Site | MySpace | MP3**
No, not the lovable character from ‘The Lord of the Rings’. Instead an equally lovable and quirky band out of Durham, NC conceived while members of the band were studying abroad in Bolivia.
- LANGHORNE SLIM, self-titled (Kemado)
HAYDEN, HENRY BUTLER, NATASHA BORZILOVA, PORTISHEAD, ROBERT FORSTER, TERRI CLARK, THE ROOTS and more.
See our Release Calendar for more new releases like these.
Noteworthy articles from Twangville and our friendly neighbors:
- Q&A with the Wrinkle Neck Mules + a Monster Giveaway [Twangville]
- Griffin House: Flying Upside Down [Twangville / Gobblers Knob]
- Adam Hood – “Different Groove” [The 9513]
- The Daylight Hours- How To Make A Mess of Things [Twangville]
- It Burns When I Pee Episode #0014 “Dave Sisson” [Section 86]
- SXSW 2008: Say What? [Twangville]
- South Austin Jug Band – Strange Invitation [Twangville / Amber Waves of Twang]
- The Atkinsons – American Gothic [Twangville]
- Old Settler’s Music Festival Highlights [Twangville]
- SXSW 2008: The Sounds Part 2 [Twangville]
Learn more about how you can help contribute news and reviews to Twangville. Sign up soon before contributions are by request only.
* Source: ColumbiaRecords.com
** Source: RamseurRecords.net
About the author: Washington, D.C. area web designer by day. Music freak by night. I host Twangville‘s weekly Readers‘ Pick.