Back in 1999, Mike Milanesi, a co-worker and friend put together four discs of Christmas music. In my family, it didn’t take long for these to become our defacto favorite discs to listen to between Thanksgiving and the New Year’s Day. The four discs were separated into four distinct groups Religious, Secular, Instrumental and Bing’s Zing (Crosby, of course).
As a way of saying thanks to Mike and share the love this Christmas, I will post each of these playlists over the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy these as much as I have.
Disc 01: Religious
- I Saw Three Kings, Marriane Faithful
- What Child is This?, Dar Williams
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, T-Bone Burnett
- The Holly and the Ivy, The Roches
- In the Bleak Midwinter, Pierce Pettis
- Silent Night, Shawn Colvin
- Down in Yon Forest, Joan Baez
- I Saw Three Ships, Bruce Cockburn
- Lullay Lully, Barbara Higbie
- Christmas Bells, John Gorka
- Light of the Stable, Emmylou Harris
- O Holy Night, Harry Connick
- O Come All Ye Faithful, Art Garfunkel
- I Saw Three Ships, Judy Collins
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Bruce Cockburn
- Coventry Carol, Suzanne Vega
- Joy to the World, Anne Murray
- The Little Drummer Boy, Bing Crosby w/David Bowie
About the author: Washington, D.C. area web designer by day. Certifiable music freak by night. Husband and father of two by the loving grace of God.