I’m a bit late this year with my Best Of submission, but I did get my Twangville vote in and was glad to see Ritter take top honors even though his new album wasn’t really on my radar this year. I always have a hard time ranking albums but give it my best shot by trying to think about which albums I loved in 2019 but may forget by 2022 vs. albums I loved in 2019 and will still enjoy in 2022. Know what I mean? I’ve also included a playlist for anyone that does the Spotify thing. Anyway….
My top 10 was as follows:
1. Wilco/Ode to Joy
2. Robert Ellis/Texas Piano Man
3. Calexico, Iron & Wine/Years to Burn
4. Jake Xerxes Fussel/Out of Sight
5. Chris Knight/Almost Daylight
6. Ana Egge/Is It the Kiss
7. Todd Snider/Cash Cabin Sessions, Vol. 3
8. Heyrocco/Mexican Ashtray
9. Hayes Carrl/What It Is
10. Lula Wiles/What Will We Do
About the author: To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box.