And so it has been decided. With 30 votes out of a total of 93, Sturgill Simpson‘s “Metamodern Sounds in Country Music” beat out Lydia Loveless‘s “Somewhere Else” for the official Twangville readers favorite album of 2014. Thanks to all who participated. We’ll include your picks into our fancy algorithm for the soon to be released official Twangville author picks.
Official Twangville Readers’ Top Picks of 2014
- STURGILL SIMPSON, Metamodern Sounds in Country Music (30)
- LYDIA LOVELESS, Somewhere Else (16)
- PARKER MILLSAP, Parker Millsap (12)
- CHUCK PROPHET, Night Surfer (9)
- HURRAY FOR THE RIFF RAFF, Small Town Heroes (6)
- NOAH GUNDERSEN, Ledges (5)
- CORB LUND, Counterfeit Blues (4)
- JIMMER, The Would-Be Plans (3)
- COUNTING CROWS, Somewhere Under Wonderland (2)
- THE DELINES, Colfax (3)
- SHOVELS & ROPE, Swimmin’ Time (2)
- JOE FLETCHER, You’ve Got The Wrong Man (1)
About the author: Washington, D.C. area web designer by day. Music is my muse. I host Twangville‘s weekly Readers‘ Pick.