As Twangville completes it’s 6th year in existence, it’s only right that we pause and raise a glass to all who have made this little site possible again for one more year. It’s artists like Jason Isbell, Will Hoge, Lucinda Williams, Gillian Welch and Old 97s who continually inspire us to write reviews. The under-the-radar artists like Mount Moriah, The Only Sons, American Gun, Matthew Ryan, and Glossary that keep us searching to try to find the next big thing. The awesome record labels like New West and Bloodshot help us organize giveaways to help promote new music and give back to the community.
More importantly, I want to extend a huge thank you to our posse of reviewers: Todd, Chip, Kelly, Eli, Shawn, and Jeff who volunteer their time to write many of the amazing reviews that you enjoy on a regular basis. I especially want to thank Mayer who works hard behind the scenes week after week to help us coordinate posts and for letting us live vicariously through all the live show experiences he shares with us.
Also, we can’t go without thanking all of you who read our articles and pass them on. We now have over 1,000 followers on Twitter and over 800 on Facebook which means our audience continues to grow. We write about Alt-Country, Americana, Folk, Rock & Blues music to share our own passions with others. So thank you for helping to keep the dream alive!
Before you go, be sure and check out our swanky new Twangville Tee Shirt Shop. For a limited time, we’re selling them as cheap as it costs to make ‘em as our way of saying thanks for your support. To sweeten the deal we’re giving away two free shirts! All you have to do is comment by midnight EST on Thursday, December 1, 2011 and tell us your favorite post from 2011. We’ll pick two random winners from all those who comment and follow up by email.
As a cheatsheet, here are a few of my personal favorites:
- John Prine – The Singing Mailman Delivers
- Glossary- Long Live All Of Us
- Mason Jennings – Minnesota
- Photos that ROCK! Hoots & Hellmouth
- Americana 2011: Say What?!
- Americana 2011: The Sounds
- The Alabama Shakes- The Alabama Shakes [EP]
- Americana 2011: The Awards
- Americana 2011: The Scene
- The Jayhawks – Mockingbird Time
- Southern Culture On the Skids – Zombified
- Stockbridge to Boston: A Special Playlist
- Photos that ROCK! Jason Isbell
- Day 2 – Sunday Life is Good Festival
- Day 1 – Saturday Life is Good Festival
- Slaid Cleaves – Addendum
- Slaid Cleaves – Sorrow & Smoke: Live At the Horseshoe Lounge
- Frank Turner- England Keep My Bones
- John Hiatt- Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns
- Grace Potter & the Nocturnals Live at Ives Park (06.27.11)
- Gillian Welch – The Harrow & the Harvest
- American Gun Is In Therapy
- Monday Morning Video: Clarence Clemons
- Really Rockin’ in Boston: A Special Playlist
- Zoe Muth & the Lost High Rollers- Starlight Hotel
- Jason Isbell – To the Ends of the City
- Kasey Anderson- Heart of a Dog
- Shoulda Been Huge: A Special Playlist
- Sarah Jarosz – Follow Me Down
- Ben Sollee- Inclusions
- Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues
- Old Settler’s Music Festival 2011 Review
- Twangville Talks to Jason Isbell
- Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit – Here we Rest
- SXSW 2011: Say What?!
- SXSW 2011: The Video Companion
- Prima Donna: #4 of John’s ‘Fantastic Four of SXSW 2011’
- SXSW 2011: The Sounds, Part 2
- Hunx & His Punx: #3 of John’s ‘Fantastic Four of SXSW 2011’
- SXSW 2011: The Sounds, Part 1
- Biters: #2 of John’s ‘Fantastic Four of SXSW 2011’
- My Jerusalem: #1 of John’s ‘Fantastic Four of SXSW 2011’
- John’s SXSW Roundup, Starring Alejandro Escovedo, Jesse Malin, and the ‘Fantastic Four of SXSW 2011’
- SXSW 2011: The Scene, Part 2
- SXSW 2011: The Scene, Part 1
- The Civil Wars – Barton Hallow
- Justin Townes Earle – Live At the Rio Theater
- Lucinda Williams – Blessed
- The Drive-By Truckers- Go Go Boots
- Ben Nichols (Lucero) Talks to Twangville
**By participating in Twangville contests you agree to allow Twangville to post the winner’s name and city on our web site. Twangville will not use your address for any other reason. Contest limited to US residents.
About the author: Washington, D.C. area web designer by day. Certifiable music freak by night. Husband and father of two by the loving grace of God.