At this point in the year there’s less new music to talk about. Its that time for the record companies to start releasing the records that they know we’ll buy for the holiday season like our beloved Christmas albums and “best of” records for our friends and family. That’s not to say that there’s unexciting music coming out as Led Zeppelin’s new compilation will certainly prove popular. But it does make it harder for folks like us to find those late release gems. Frankly, I wasn’t sure who to highlight this week until I noticed a few zealous fans picking Beth Whitney‘s Leave Your Shoes in our weekly poll. So I went over to MySpace to see what the fuss is all about and dang if I didn’t find a Seattle sapphire. She’s a 23 year old singer/songwriter from Snohomish, WA who rightly claims Mindy Smith as an influence with her silky vocal delivery. Definitely check out her music for yourself. I recommend starting with “Miss Misery” and “Wayfaring Stranger”. File under: Folk / Pop / Acoustic
- James Taylor, ‘One Man Band’ (Full CD)
- Led Zeppelin, ‘Mothership’ (Disc One – Full CD)
- Led Zeppelin, ‘Mothership’ (Disc Two – Full CD)
- David Gray, ‘Greatest Hits’ (Full CD)
Also Look For
ALICIA KEYS, ANA EGGE, ARETHA FRANKLIN, BETH WHITNEY, DAN ISRAEL, DAVID GRAY, DURAN DURAN, GEORGE STRAIT, JIMMY REED, JOHN LEE HOOKER, LED ZEPPELIN, LURRIE BELL, PAM TILLIS, THE HIVES, TRISHA YEARWOOD, ROD PICOTT, YARN and more. See our Release Calendar for more new releases like these.
NOTE: All full album streams courtesy of AOL Music unless otherwise noted. Album streams typically expire shortly after their release.
Stuff happening with Twangville and our friendly neighbors.
- Be sure and leave a comment to win the Bill Williams, Handful CD in our giveaway contest.
- Check out Brendan’s Eilen Jewel review on HickoryWind.org
- It’s that time of year. You have until November 19th to submit your top ten album picks of 2007 to No Depression‘s Reader Poll.
- We’re looking for people who love music to help write reviews for Twangville. We especially need country and/or bluegrass reviewers as we’ve been increasingly receiving requests in these categories. Learn more about how you can contribute.
About the author: Washington, D.C. area web designer by day. Music freak by night. I host Twangville‘s weekly Readers‘ Pick.