There are literally thousands of performances that take place across Austin during SXSW. Here is a small sampling for your listening and viewing enjoyment. See below for a detailed list of the performances in this video playlist.
- Tom Morello, “World Wide Rebel Song” from the New West day party
- Bahamas, “Caught Me Thinking”
- The Lumineers, “Gun Song” performed at St. Davids Historic Sanctuary.
- Glen Hansard performing sans microphone and amplification. Watch him roll with the punches as an electric band begins playing nearby about halfway through his performance.
- The Posies, Jody Stephens, Peter Buck and Markus Nordenstreng (of the Latebirds) paying tribute to the legendary Big Star with the band’s classic “In the Street.”
- Alejandro Escovedo and friends featuring Garland Jefferies and Bruce Springsteen taking on the Rolling Stones’ “Beast of Burden”
- Lucero, “Nights Like These”
- Bob Mould, “If I Can’t Change Your Mind”
- Lydia Loveless, “Can’t Change Me” at the Twangfest party.
- Frank Turner, “I Am Disappeared”
- Alejandro Escovedo and the Sensitive Boys and Girls, “Sally Was a Cop” from his forthcoming release.
- The Dunwells, “Elizabeth”
- Adam Duritz with Kasey Anderson, “Like Teenage Gravity” (Anderson’s song that was covered by Counting Crows on their latest release.)
- The Stone River Boys (featuring Barfield and Dave Gonzalez) performing “Love On the Dial” at Threadgills for Music Fog.
- Brendan Benson, “A Whole Lot Better”
- Tom Morello with Wayne Kramer, “Kick Out the Jams” (and, wow, did they ever!)
- Tom Morello’s complete Occupy Austin performance at 2am on the street in Austin.
Click here for more Twangville coverage of SXSW.
About the author: Mild-mannered corporate executive by day, excitable Twangville denizen by night.